Attention restaurant managers! If you’re bending the rules for one low-performing employee, the rest of your staff will certainly notice. Low standards produce low morale and low performance levels throughout your operation. That’s why you can’t be afraid to correct and discipline employees when you see a problem. Here are some restaurant management tips on how to effectively keep standards consistent, and employee morale up.
- Discipline immediately.
- Be specific in explaining the problem.
- Focus on the performance problem, not the employee.
- Ask for the employee’s help in solving the problem.
- Reach an agreement and write it down.
- Express confidence in the employee’s ability to solve the problem.
- Praise the employee at the first sign of improvement.
Get More Restaurant Management Tips
The restaurant management section of our blog is dedicated to helping you meet your leadership goals. Check it out!